Dr. Gabriel Guarjardo and his staff can help manage your health from pregnancy to childbirth. They provide a variety of obstetric services to help you and your baby remain healthy throughout the pregnancy. Whether you have a normal pregnancy or one that is high risk, rely on Dr. Guarjardo and his staff for all your prenatal care needs during your pregnancy in Brownsville, TX.
A variety of obstetric services are provided to help manage your pregnancy in Brownsville. Obstetric services and prenatal care includes regular checkups, diagnostic and laboratory testing, ultrasounds, genetic counseling and amniocentesis testing. Other aspects of prenatal care include advice and guidance regarding diet and exercise, as well as help developing a birth plan. These things can be discussed during your regular checkups, which include:
- Collecting a urine sample to test for signs of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia or other conditions.
- Monitoring your weight throughout the pregnancy.
- Measuring the circumference of your growing belly.
- Checking your blood pressure throughout the pregnancy.
- Checking the baby’s heartbeat.
- Performing ultrasounds to establish an approximate due date and check the baby’s development.
High Risk Pregnancy Management
Some pregnancies are at high risk for complications. Dr. Guajardo and his staff are fully equipped to manage high risk pregnancies. Some reasons why your pregnancy might be considered high risk and require special care include:
- Carrying multiple babies
- Pregnancy at an older age
- History of miscarriages
- History of pre-term delivery
- Placental problems
- Cervical insufficiency
- High blood pressure
- Gestational diabetes
- Pre-existing diabetes
Managing your health from pregnancy to childbirth is important for both you and your developing baby. From laboratory testing to ultrasounds, our staff provides the highest quality comprehensive care for your and your baby throughout your pregnancy in Brownsville, TX. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Guarjardo, call the office at (956) 350-4821.